Monday, February 20, 2012

Finishing Out 2011

We went to Disneyland for Christmas. It's something I've wanted to do since the first time we went to Disneyland with Halle, but it's something I'm okay not doing again for a few years. It was so crowded, I've never been to Disney that busy, and I've never seen hotel prices so expensive. It was so magical though. Santa was there with all of his reindeer, the characters were all dressed up, snow on main street smelled like gingerbread, the huge Christmas tree, the dressed up rides, especially It's a Small World. Small World was amazing outside and had a ton of changes in side, including Jingle Bells being meshed into the music.

We surprised Halle (again). We pretty much always do it that way only because I can't stand the constant asking of how many days, hours, or minutes until we leave. This video of the surprise is MUCH better than the last. Jingle Bells, our Elf on the Shelf surprised us.
We missed our shuttle the first day and walked. It took us half an hour, so we may as well have stayed at the hotel since the shuttles come every half hour. But Halle just wanted to go go go, so we did.
I love this Disneyland U of U shirt that Joan got Eli. What shirt could be more perfect for our family?
This is in the adventure area and you earn badges like Russell does in UP. This is for the bravery training badge.
Phineas and Ferb Dance Party dancing with the Fireside Girls.
Halle and I decided to brave Grizzly Bear Rapis. We were the only ones on our tube. It was really cold in California, so you really didn't want to get wet.

Halle's favorite ride is still Tower of Terror, or maybe it's Splash Mountain. I don't think she can decide. We go on both a LOT. One of the nights Jared took Eli back to the room, and Halle and I stayed out. We went on Splash Mountain at least 7 times because nobody was in line so the ride operator just let us go around and around, never having to get off.
They got to go alone on Splash Mountain. I know I said the park was crowded, but water rides after dark definitely were not.
Jared and Halle are middle-left.
Can you see Halle loves to make silly faces for the picture on Tower of Terror? She knows right when and where to make her face.
Eli getting on his favorite ride, Little Mermaid. He loved dancing to the music.
Jared's high score on Buzz. He's #2.
We didn't buy this hat given the $20 price tag, but I sure wanted to. Jared loves Dopey.
We ended our last night with snow on main street after the firework show.

Christmas was just a few days after we got back. We enjoyed Christmas Eve dinner with my family, and Christmas morning at our house, and Jess and Joan joined us.
I made this jello for Christmas Eve dinner. It was beautiful and delicious.
Santa came!
Eli enjoyed hitting me with Halle's new brush. It was painful. He loves hair brushes.
Halle got a unicorn pillow pet from Santa and a Stitch pillow pet from Grandma Joan (purchased secretly at Disneyland by us.)
She got a two wheel scooter from Grandma Koren.
Eli loves giving kisses. Look at that pucker.
Eli ate the majority of Grandpa's breakfast burrito.

Other December fun things:
We saw Santa at Harmon's.

Halle had her Grinch school play and dressed up as a Who.

We got family pictures for like the first time ever.

3 comments:

The Porter Family said...

Cute family pictures!! Couple questions: 1) how did you get Halle's hair to stay like that?? (when she was a Who) and 2) How did Eli do driving there? I might have already asked you that one, but I can't remember for sure. I'm glad you got to see it at Christmastime! It really is so, so fun. Have you seen it all "scary" for Halloween? SO FUN!

Tricia said...

Can't believe how big your kids are getting! Looks like you've had a great time the past few months!

Janae said...

I don't know why I never saw these but they are darling! Such a beautiful family!!!