Halle had a mini drama play at school. She was the chief and this poor kid had to be her stool. She was pretty embarrassed to sit on someone and tried her best to put most of her weight on her legs.
Eli got stung at one of Halle’s soccer games. His foot puffed up so huge and it was super warm, but he didn’t seem to have any other bad reaction.
On September 6 Eli had his first soccer game. He was so excited! Watching three year olds play soccer is hilarious. I was cackling almost the entire time.
See how the majority of the kids are on the ground? That’s how they spent half the game. They’d trip over each other, over the ball, over their own feet. Eli did score a few times and was so excited!
Then it was off to a football game. A guy we tailgate with totally photo bombed this cute picture.
Sleeping kids are cute.
One Sunday instead of going to Stake Conference we hiked to Stewart Falls. We figured it was perfect family time enjoying the beautiful outdoors. The leaves were already changing up in the mountains and it was just gorgeous.
The hike was about twice as long as I expected. I had found it searching for kid-friendly hikes. And while it was beautiful and we had fun, it was a bit too long for the kids. And Eli ended up being a big sick. He fell asleep on Jared, and he was such a great dad to carry him for the hike back.
Not only did Eli not feel well, but then he ended up having pink eye, which was obvious by that night. We took him to the doctor and the poor kid also had a double ear infection!
For Family Home Evening we had an activity where we each had a specific job to make these delicious chocolate pudding dirt cups. We tied this into family and chores. We each have to do our part within our home. If we didn’t do each of our jobs right for the dessert, it wouldn’t have tasted so fantastic. If we don’t do our part in our home then our family feels more contentious and our home isn’t a place of peace and love.
Eli fell asleep while I read a book. I love sleeping with a butt in my face.
We have a lot of rainbows in September. This was one of many.
Halle had a game where it just poured rain. The girls pushed through it and I think was the best I’ve seen them play!
Another rainbow.
Rameses will find anything soft on the floor to lay on. You’d think he doesn’t have three beds in the house.
And one of the most exciting things was finishing our kitchen remodel!
Before:
During:
After:
The dogs were so happy to have the loud noises gone, and be free from the very enclosed space of their beds all day every day.
I was so happy to not be eating at our kitchen table over our couch/carpet. I tried to make real meals and rarely eat out, but feeding young kids pasta with red sauce, fruit that stains, and smoothies is very stressful. We really didn’t want to stain our couch and carpet. We ate outside when we could. We have SO much more counter space, and storage! I was so tired of having all of my cookie sheets and small appliances on my pantry floor. I absolutely despised the lazy susan where my pots and pans were stored. That corner between the sink and the stove top (they called the original a kitchen with a peninsula) was practically useless for dinner prep and always had junk on it since I couldn’t use it for any other purpose. I’m just thrilled and love my new appliances as well! We got an induction stove top, which I have LOVED. I’m so pleased with the end result.
4 comments:
Your kitchen is GORGEOUS! Love love love! And I wish I was there to watch the kids play soccer that would be the best :) Asleep with a butt in your face?! Hahaha
It's so beautiful!! I love all of the colors and the cupboards around your fridge are so much more useful than that counter. You did an awesome job.
The kitchen looks amazing!
Your new kitchen is amazing!!! Love it! And so much more functional!
Post a Comment