Sunday, July 12, 2009

Brian Head - Day 3

The last day was dreary and rainy with some hail. By about 5:30 it had finally stopped and I was so tired of sitting in the cabin with the TV on.
We decided to go fishing even though it was freezing outside. Some family came with us, namely Uncle Richard, the fishing guru. He was appalled at our lack or fishing gear and we just had to deal with what we had. Sorry, Richard. Next time you come you should come shopping with us and tell us what we need to buy so we can have more than power bait, those weenie weights, and a few hooks in our tackle box.
So, we attempted to fish and mostly just got stuck, lost a few hooks, and found lots of nasty green stuff. You can see that I caught that green stuff on my hook, and we got a great picture of Halle's face looking at it:
Eventually we had to leave, and Halle was not happy about the situation. She was so sad we hadn't caught a fish and wanted to keep trying. Our hands were freezing and we were really hungry. She tried to control her crying:
But just couldn't:
We had to drag her back to the car where she continued to cry until we saw deer. We ended up seeing 18 deer on our 20 minute drive back to the cabin. They were so close to the road.
That's the end of our Brian Head vacation. I'm almost caught up...kinda. Okay, really I'm like a month behind, but I'm excited to post next about Halle's birthday.

No comments: