It's late, but the little girl (age 5, I believe) across the street just fell out of the house's second story window. Jared gave her a blessing and rushed mom and daughter to the hospital since mom was way too frantic to drive, and she is single so there were no other adults home able to drive her. She didn't have insurance for an ambulance or else we would have insisted she call one; we are so worried about head, neck, and back injuries. Her three boys are at our house. I asked her if she wanted them to come over and she said they would be fine. I guessed not so after they drove away without her telling them anything I went over to make sure they were okay. I could see them staring out the upstairs window as if they were just waiting for them to drive back. Upon opening the door I asked if they wanted to come over and the youngest and teariest said yes, so the older brothers agreed. The second Rameses greeted them they cheered right up. They picked out a movie and have eaten chocolate cupcakes. The youngest said, "Where's the frosting??" once receiving the cupcake, so I had to frantically find some and slather it on top. All I know so far is that there is no sign of a head injury and that she is headed into a catscan to check for internal injuries. Poor thing. So, now to more exciting things. Halle's third birthday party. On June 27 Halle had the joy of having her first friends only birthday party. She had been looking forward to it for weeks, and every time she got in trouble she would pout and say, "But it's almost my birthday!" It was a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday party.
This present was wrapped in a napkin. The dad said that had his wife been home things probably would have been done differently. This same child came with a skirt and long sleeve black shirt. Keep in mind the invitations said bounce house with kiddie pool which equals outside and requires a bathing suit.

Molly, Ava, and Caprie eating yummy food. Who can resist chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, watermelon, and apple juice?
Caprie (on the right) is the one that came in the skirt and black shirt. She went outside and got in the pool and then came in and told us she was all wet. Luckily we had an extra bathing suit that fit her.
Bonnie and Connor weren't really interested in the whole party. They ended up going inside and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on TV.
This is Hank:
Ava going down the slide into the pool
Kaden:
Silly Loretta forgot a bathing suit as well so Kaden wore this awesome Little Mermaid swim diaper. It took him the full two hours to finally be interested in the water, but he finally made it!
Cake time!
The present in the napkin was this cool little purse of candies so that you could make your own candy necklace. Halle spent hours using every piece of candy for this. She's still making her way through eating the whole thing.
It was a great party. Two hours was a perfect amount of time for play, lunch, cake, presents, and a little more play time. I couldn't have handled any longer.
June 30 was Halle's actual birthday. At preschool she got this cool crown.
She's grown up so fast!
Update on the girl that fell out the window: catscan came out negative for any issues. Now they're just going to do a urine test and let some drugs wear off and have her walk around to make sure she's okay. Hopefully they'll be home in an hour or so. At first an aunt was going to come get the boys, but apparently now maybe now. I have this feeling that unfortunately this single mom doesn't have much close family. I think that's really sad, but I'm glad we have been able to help her out. Jared is a great guy and so selfless.
1 comment:
Ha ha, this post made me laugh... the part about the boy walking home and the one boy who wore a Little Mermaid swim diaper! Halle's so cute! Well I'm sitting right by you in the office, so I guess I'll see you soon. Bye.
Post a Comment