Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First name basis

So we've been trying so hard to teach Halle our names. At Little Gym each week they go around and ask the kids their names along with their parent's names. Halle can never answer. So now she knows our names really well and can say them, but won't at Little Gym. Anyway, last night I was cooking dinner. Halle came up behind me and said "MOMMY!" I guess I was too slow to respond because then she yelled "EMEEYA!" I must admit this it cute, but I did not expect my child to start calling me by my first name. It's better than calling me Daddy (or Dareded, Halle's way of saying Jared), which is what I typically get.

2 comments:

The Boehme Family said...

Brenden went through that too. He still calls Doug "Doug" sometimes because I think he finds it easier than Dad.

Koren said...

She's just practicing for when she turns 13.