Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Camera Happy

More pictures for you. Excited? Last night we were playing with the sugar gliders and got some really cute pictures. I'm sure you can't tell the difference between the three so I'll be sure to attach their names to the pictures.
We'll start with Stitch. He's the baby of Lola and Gizmo. You can tell he's Stitch because he always looks like he's lifting up his eyes which creates the look of little wrinkles over his eyes.
Cute wrinkles, huh?
(He's eating a pine nut.)
Look how much he's grown compared to almost exactly 3 years ago when he came out of Lola's pouch!
This is Lola, the momma. She's a skinny little thing, but she's always the first out to scarf the food no matter the time of day, so I'm not sure how she stays so thin. You can tell it's her because she's so thin and because she has this adorable black freckle on her right ear.
(You can see in this picture where Stitch got the wrinkles over his forehead. Lola has them too.)
A good picture of her cute black freckle.
This is Gizmo, the daddy. He was the first sugar glider addition to our family in December 2005. He was really lonely and would bark every night (yes, bark). We got him when we were in our married apartments (shh...animals weren't allowed). Because he was so sad we adopted Lola in February 2006. They were very happy together. And could also be loud...ahem...if you know what I mean...Stitch was created due to their noise. He's our fatso and the sweetest. He doesn't try to bite your finger off when you're giving him mealworms.
Sadly we didn't get many good pictures of him last night. You can tell from his man cleavage that he is much chubbier than the other two.
Note: Gizmo and Stitch are neutered, so there won't be any more sugar glider additions in our family. You don't want to know...let's just say Jared neutered Stitch himself.
We also took pictures of Halle of course.
We want to go get pictures for her third birthday and also get family pictures, but how do I bring myself to pay hundreds of dollars for pictures when this is what we get when we ask her to say Cheese?!? OF COURSE the pictures are cute, I won't argue with that, but not what I imagine hanging on my wall after paying a few hundred dollars. I'm sure I'll have more pictures soon. Lovin' the camera.

2 comments:

The Porter Family said...

Hahahaha...I love that Gizmo has man cleavage!! That just made my day. :) And I totally think you should find some great background scenery, get someone to use your camera, and do pictures that way. A lot cheaper and if Halle knows the photographer, she will be her adorable self! :)

Sterling said...

My wife has always wanted a sugar glider. Aren't they nocturnal though? Are they high maintenance? Good to hear from you, I didn't know that you had a blog, let alone followed ours.