I am SOOO glad this weekend is over. Here's how my weekend went:
Saturday 9 AM: Passports
9:30: Passport lady tells us they don't take credit cards.
9:45: Back to the passport office after driving to the bank for cash. $305 later our passport applications are in the mail.
10:00: Jared says, "We need gas, the gas light is on."
(Note we had a birthday party starting at 11:30 and no cake, ice cream, balloons, or food for it)
10:05: Jared gets gas while I RUN into Walmart to pick up the Mickey Mouse cake, chicken nuggets, and ice cream.
10:15: We pay and ask if they sell balloons, they do, but it is in the back of the store and we have to go to customer service so they can call someone to go to the back of the store to help us. We go back, ask for our ballons, and she has to go through some doors to the warehouse, it looks like, to blow them up.
10:25 WHERE IS THE LADY WITH OUR BALLOONS?
10:35: We FINALLY leave Walmart.
10:45: Luckily Loretta is waiting at our house, staring at a huge spider that has baby spiders all over its back. Thanks. She cuts the watermelon, cuts the carrots, and gets the water boiling for Mac and Cheese while I clean the house in a mad dash. Shane (Loretta's hubby) and Jared prep the backyard with two kiddie pools, a slide going into one, and our castle of chaos (aka a bounce house).
11:30: Children begin to arrive, and luckily we have finished just in time. Then Jared and I realize we still haven't wrapped Halle's smaller bday gift (Mr. Potato Head) which we have had since Christmas.
1:30: Children leave (don't worry you'll get pictures of the party later) and Jared's kind brother, Jory, stays to help clean up.
1:45: FRANTIC screaming and crying in the backyard, "BUT I WANTED ONE!" Halle has taken the balloons outside and released them all. Alyvia wanted one (and of course Halle did too). Luckily one was left inside and Alyvia got to take it home (much to Halle's dismay). We told Halle multiple times NOT to take the balloons outside our else they would fly away.
Cleaning continues...
2:45: Jared leaves for golfing, I put Halle in bed and I blog. Finally it's quiet.
4:00: Halle is awake already???? And she is totally grumpy. She needs more sleep, but doesn't want to. I turn on a show and continue blogging and fall asleep on the couch.
I'm not sure what happened here, I think just playing with Halle's new toys.
7:00: Someone from church comes over to practice a song with Jared (the choir director) that the choir is singing on Sunday.
7:30: Jared leaves for the REAL Salt Lake soccer game, which started AT 7:30.
7:30: I tell Halle it's time for a bath, then realize I haven't gone grocery shopping yet. SOOO not happy.
8:45: Put away groceries, Halle to bed. I continue to clean up the house from the party and folded laundry.
SWEET SLEEP!!
Sunday
6:05: Patch begins scratching and rattling his crate. WHY OH WHY??? I get up, let the dogs out, and feed them. Then back to bed.
7:00: Halle wakes up WHY OH WHY?? Jared gets up. I think THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU! but am too tired to say it.
8:15: I get up, and we have to prepare for church because we have to do sharing time (if you are not LDS you likely have NO idea what I'm talking about, sorry).
9:45: Get to church to practice piano duet, then to practice choir song (for which I have to play the piano even though I am not the choir pianist)
10:30: Church where I play the organ for all of the hymns, play the piano duet, and also play for the choir song.
12:00: Primary sharing time (we did a skit about Joseph being sold into Egypt and how he forgave his brothers)
12:45: Class time, we teach the 3-4 year olds.
1:30: Church is out, Jared has to go home teach 2 families, I go home and make dinner.
4:00: We leave because our community band is playing in the Provo Freedom Festival, which doesn't start until 7. Ick.
4:30: We arrive, only to realize that Jared has forgotten his tux at home. He turns around to come back and get it.
6:25: Pre-Program Performance begins.
7:00: Program begins. Speaker speaks FOREVER.
9:45: HOME AT LAST!!! Thanks, mommy, for staying here with Halle so she could go to sleep in her own bed (at 6:00!! crazy).
But, the craziness is not over yet.
Tomorrow we have work, Halle has preschool, and Halle has a pediatrician appointment at 5:30, then we have a concert (same band with which we had a concert tonight) at 7:00. Then after that we should have some peaceful evenings. Days not so much because at work we are closing the fiscal year and plan to have a lot of donations coming in and not many days to process them. Oh Joy it's only a 4 day work week. Hallelujah, I need a break. Friday we are horseback riding (I found somewhere that will take double riders so we can take Halle), and I'm getting my haircut, and hopefully the carpet cleaned. It should be a good day. Let's hope I make it that far.
5 Years 8 Months
7 years ago
4 comments:
Beginning next Sunday my life will become so much worse!
But sorry your weekend was rough.
Holy busy weekend! The party was fun, though. :D K, I am confused because you said that the passport place doesn't take cash, but that you went to the bank for cash??
Oops. The passport office didn't take credit, so we had to get cash. Fixed it.
Post a Comment