Halle read for the first, oh, 15 minutes.Then she colored for the next 15 minutes or so. After that it's all a blur, but mostly it involved, mommy do this, mommy do that, mommy hold my hand, mommy hold me. So I ended up replacing my dad and sitting next to Halle the whole rest of the trip (and coming back).
Dad read Eragon and I think made it at least half way through the second book in the series.
Mom read, did crosswords and sudoku, and slept in the back where she could lay down. She tried to give me a turn there, but Halle wouldn't allow it.
To compensate for not going to Disneyland we allowed Halle to swim in the freezing pool. Luckily the kiddie pool was much warmer than the big pool, but still not warm enough for Jared and I. It actually wasn't really warm enough for Halle either, but she didn't care. After about 15 minutes I started caring though. It was quite cold outside, and Halle was just sitting with just her head out of water shivvering. Just kept insisting she didn't want to get out, but we finally made her. We walked to downtown Disney and went to the big store, which seemed to quelch Halle's Disneyland needs for that day. By that time it was way past bed time. So we headed for our terribly uncomfortable beds (which doesn't bode well after 12 hours walking around for 3 days). Next morning we headed for the park, so hopefully you'll more about that sooner rather than later.
On a side note. Last night Jared went upstairs to find Halle sitting on the landing with an open bottle of cream and cream all over herself. I came upstairs to Jared rubbing the cream in, and Halle said, "Mommy, what are you doing here?" Not as funny when you read it, but it was hilarious to us! Then Jared noticed something on Halle's face and asked her if she brushed her teeth. We went in the bathroom to find her toothbrush smothered in blue toothpaste. I cleaned that up and headed downstairs to feed the gliders. As I started down the stairs Halle said, "Mommy!" I asked, "What?" She said, "mommy and daddy sleep here!" and pointed to our bed. Anyway, it was just really cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment