Jared again. We had a great Mother's Day with Emily. On Friday Emily asked me, "What are you making me for dinner on Sunday." My first thought was, "Why would I make you dinner on Sunday." So now in a slight panic I began going through all of the important days in my head. Birthday - no. Anniversary - no. Valentines Day - no. Dia de los Muertos - no. Mother's Day - YES. So now in more of a panic I had to think of things I could make that she would like and would show some effort on my part. I can make breakfast, spaghetti, mac and cheese, Hamburger Helper, and...well that is pretty much it. I didn't want to do spaghetti again because I always do
that. I started thinking, "Well maybe I could take her out to one of her favorite restaurants on Saturday or buy something at a restaurant on Saturday and reheat it for her on Sunday. Something like Joe's Crab Shak. Then it hit me, I can make crab! What is easier than crab, you buy it, heat it, melt some butter. Excited by my new plan, I bought 2 1/2 pounds of crab at Harmons on Saturday. It ended up working out great! Emily + snow crab + melted butter = happy wife = a happy life, and it all required me to do hardly anything in the kitchen. Man's Game!
Halle and I did our best to make Emily comfortable for the whole day. Emily isn't hard to please actually. All she needs is time to take a nap. Which she did while I watched the playoffs and a little golf. Also, Emily and Halle wore matching outfits to church. There aren't a cuter mother daughter combination around. 
1 comment:
Nice Work Man! I am impressed with your "skills" and glad to see that happy wife = happy life! It's really quite simple:) And Happy Mother's Day Emily!
Post a Comment